- About Us
- Prenatal / Postnatal Yoga
- Kids Yoga
- Workshops & Events
- Teacher Training
Journey Within30 Hour Prenatal & Postnatal Teacher Training* Required prerequisite: 200-hour certification
April 28-30th 2023
To gain an in-depth understanding of the stages of the prenatal and postnatal journey and learn the tools needed to lead an empowering prenatal/ postnatal yoga class.
The Program at a glance:
The program will include (and is not limited to):
- Benefits of yoga for pregnancy, birth & motherhood
- Prenatal & Postnatal anatomy & physiology
- Asana modifications, alignment & variations including the use of props as related to the stages of pregnancy and specific pregnancy and postpartum issues
- Safe and effective class sequencing based off the Journey into Power sequence
- How to use hands-on assists during the pregnancy and postpartum stages
- Mindfulness-based childbirth preparation techniques, including breath exercises, imagery, meditation and mantras to work with the physical and emotional stresses *of* pregnancy, the pain and fear of childbirth & the parenting journey
- Incorporation of relevant & inspiring themes and messages to connect to pre and postnatal mothers
- Friday, April 28 5:30-8:30pm
- Saturday, April 29 7:30-4:30pm
- Sunday, April 30 7:30-4:30pm
HOME Power Yoga - Cranford
Katie Tierney (E-RYT 500 hr), LCSW is the co-owner of HOME power yoga Cranford & Summit in New Jersey and co-founder of Project HOME Power Yoga, a 501(c)(3) organization.
Katie earned her BA in Psychology/ BS In Elementary Education from Bucknell University and her Masters in Social Work with a specialization in Mental Health from the University of Michigan. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and certified School Social Worker and Elementary School Teacher.
Katie began practicing yoga consistently in 2009 as a way to nourish her body after the birth of her first daughter and quickly connected with the yoga philosophy and the spiritual and emotional benefits of the practice. She completed her first teacher training in 2014 and has been teaching yoga ever since.
After experiencing the tremendous benefits of yoga during the pregnancies and births of her daughters, Katie completed a Holistic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training and a Holistic Postpartum/ Baby and Me Teacher Training. She currently leads Mindfulness- based Childbirth Preparation courses.
Katie strongly believes in the power of yoga to promote mental well-being and is very interested in the impact of yoga on the field of mental health. Katie completed Intensive Trauma-Informed Yoga training to learn how to best use yoga to build resilience and self-regulation in order to manage and resolve symptoms of trauma. She also completed a Yin Yoga Teacher Training at the Integral Yoga Institute in NYC.
Katie and her husband both grew up in Cranford and now live in town with their three daughters who serve as her best teachers and biggest sources of inspiration for lessons in patience and love. She believes in the power of healing through yoga and is honored to serve and share her teaching with members of the HOME community.
- Early Bird: $749 (Register by March 31)
- Regular: $799
* A deposit of $250 in check or cash is due at the time your application is accepted. At time of acceptance into the program, the deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program. All fees are non-refundable.
Space is limited. Click HERE to download the application. Then email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions. - XO Katie & Liz