Journey Out300 Hour Teacher Training
April 30 2021 - April 30 2022
"The farther the outward journey takes you, the deeper the inward journey must be." - Henri Nouwen
Become a 500 Hour* Certified Yoga Teacher!* Required prerequisite: 200-hour certification
This training is your chance to become a masterful and impactful yoga teacher & leader. You will learn how to confidently deliver the pratice in a way that makes a difference for people and leaves them transformed. You will learn how to lead on and off the mat in alignment with what is most important to you; all sourced from your fullest, most authentic expression. You will create deep community with each other & beyond, and together have a meaningful impact in our world.
The Program at a glance:
The eleven weekends will include (and are not limited to):
- How to masterfully lead an inspired power yoga class - in-person and online
- How to theme a class
- How to deliver your message and personal experiences in a way that leaves people inspired
- How to lead Meditation and how to lead Inquiry
- How to powerfully lead a workshop or event from start to finish
- How to shape your audience’s listening when leading
- 300-level anatomy, alignment, and modifications to make the practice accessible to anybody
- Individual coaching and feedback
- How to assist verbally & non-verbally
- The art of music - how to theme & choreograph
- The business of yoga (2020 & beyond) including online yoga
- Yoga for: trauma, special needs, kids/teens, prenatal/postnatal, athletes
- The impact of yoga on the brain and mental health
- Breath training and advanced breath techniques
- 1. April 30-May 2
- 2. May 14-16
- 3. June 4-6
- 4. July 16-18
- 5. Sept 24-26
- 6. Oct 22-24
- 7. Nov 19-21
- 8. Jan 21-23
- 9. Feb 25-27
- 10. March 25-26
- 11. April 29 - April 30
- Friday: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” - Mahatma Gandhi
Liz Snyder (E-RYT 500 hr) is a 1,200 Hour Certified Yoga Instructor, with over 1,500 hours of training. She is based out of NJ, and a co-owner of HOME Power Yoga.
She graduated from Franklin and Marshall College as a Business and Psychology major, captain of the Women's Basketball, and administrative assistant for the Men’s Lacrosse Team. She found yoga her freshman year, & continued to practice as a way to support her sports career & busy school-work schedule. The first summer out of college, she did her first Baptiste Yoga training and fell in love with teaching.
She completed Baron Baptiste's level 1, level 2, & level 3 week-long trainings, as well as Art of Assisting and Advanced Art of Assisting. She graduated from the Baptiste Fit to Lead year-long training program held in Utah, a training that is designed to teach teachers how to lead Baptiste inspired trainings & is led by Baron Baptiste. She also taught and trained at the only Baptiste affiliate in NYC, Lyons Den Power Yoga.
She has led three 200-hour teacher trainings at HOME power yoga and has assisted many 200-hour teacher trainings. She has assisted Baptiste week-long trainings led by both Paige Elenson & Baron Baptiste.
She is passionate about service and the effort to make yoga accessible for all people. In March 2016, she traveled to Kenya, where she volunteered to assist a Baptiste teacher training to benefit Africa Yoga Project. Africa Yoga Project (AYP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to training yoga teachers in Africa to teach free yoga classes throughout the country. She has raised and personally donated thousands of dollars to AYP, and spent over a year with them, mentoring a yoga teacher from Sierra Leone.
She teaches a challenging and accessible power flow, focused on increasing strength, flexibility, and possibility. Her intention is to use yoga to inspire real transformation in peoples’ yoga practice, in their lives, and in the world!
Katie Tierney, co-owner of HOME power yoga, is an E-RYT, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), and certified Elementary School Teacher. Katie earned her BA in Psychology/ BS in Elementary Education from Bucknell University and her Masters in Social Work with a specialization in Mental Health from the University of Michigan. Katie strongly believes in the power of yoga to promote mental well-being and is very interested in the impact of yoga on the field of mental health. She is currently leading her third 200-hour yoga teacher training at HOME.
In addition to her power yoga training, Katie completed Intensive Trauma-Informed Yoga training and Yin Yoga Training. Katie is also a certified Holistic Prenatal Yoga Instructor and Postpartum/Baby and Me Yoga Instructor who has been teaching Prenatal Yoga and Mindful Birthing Classes for over six years and is passionate about empowering women during their pregnancy and motherhood journey. Katie is forever grateful to all of her teachers, students, and family who have supported her on this journey and truly believes the deeper inward we are courageous enough to go, the greater outward impact we can make on the world.
Home Power Yoga (we will adjust to outdoor training & livestream if needed based on restrictions)
- **SPECIAL** $3999 - this is $200 off Early Registration if you apply by Jan. 1st (Application due by Jan 1st, and payment due in full on or before Feb. 1)
- Early Bird: $4199 (Application and full tuition due on or before March 30)
- Time of Registration: $4299 (Application and full tuition due on or before April 30)
- Payment Plan: $4499 (Application due by Jan. 30, and 4 equal payments of $1099.75 due on March. 1, July. 1, Nov. 1, March. 1.)
- 50% off membership at HOME power yoga (over $800 value)
- 20% off all Home power yoga logo retail during training.
- HOME 300 Hour Teacher Training Manual
- Opportunities for additional training and development as an assistant or teacher at HOME power yoga.
* A deposit of $500 is due at the time your application is accepted. We ask that all payments be made in check or cash to avoid credit card processing fee. At time of acceptance into the program, the deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program. All fees are non-refundable.
Please email us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns. - XO Katie & Liz