- About Us
- Prenatal / Postnatal Yoga
- Kids Yoga
- Workshops & Events
- Teacher Training
Journey Home200 Hour Teacher Training
September 2023 - February 2024
This program will empower you to step up and show up as an effective student, teacher, and leader on your mat and in your life. Even if it’s not your desire to become a yoga teacher, this training will leave you transformed.
The Program at a glance:
The seven weekends will include (and are not limited to):
- How to teach a inspired power yoga class based on the “Journey Into Power” Sequence
- Anatomy, alignment, and modifications to make the practice accessible to anybody
- Asana, Meditation, and Inquiry
- Verbal and non-verbal assisting
- Teaching, coaching, and feedback
- A foundation in the history/philosophy of yoga
- The art of incorporating music in a yoga class
- The business of yoga *including online yoga
- How to deliver your message and personal experiences in a way that leaves people inspired
- 1. September 22, 23, 24
- 2. October 27, 28, 29
- 3. November 17, 18, 19
- 4. December 1, 2, 3
- 5. January 5, 6, 7
- 6. January 19, 20, 21
- 7. February 2, 3
- Friday: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
“Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now” - Goethe
HOME Power Yoga - Cranford & Summit locations
Liz Snyder and Katie Tierney are sisters & co-owners of HOME power yoga Cranford and Summit. They also created a non-profit, Project HOME Power Yoga, a 501(c)(3) organization that was founded to bring yoga to communities in need or people who would not have access otherwise.
This will be the sixth teacher training they have led together at HOME.
Liz Snyder (E-RYT 500 hr) Liz Snyder (E-RYT 500+ hr) is a co-owner of HOME power yoga Cranford & Summit in New Jersey, founder of Project HOME Power Yoga, a 501(c)(3) organization, and a lululemon ambassador. She is a 1,200 Hour Tier 3 Baptiste Certified Teacher.
She graduated from Franklin and Marshall College in 2013 as a Business and Psychology major, captain of the Women's Basketball, and administrative assistant for the Men's Lacrosse Team. Although first introduced to yoga in high school by her mother, she started doing yoga really consistently her freshman year to support her sports career & busy school-work schedule. The first summer out of college, she did her first Baptiste Yoga training and fell in love with teaching.
She completed Baron Baptiste's level 1, level 2, & level 3 week-long trainings, as well as Art of Assisting and Advanced Art of Assisting. She graduated from the Baptiste Fit to Lead year-long training program held in Utah, a training that is designed to teach teachers how to lead Baptiste inspired trainings & is led by Baron Baptiste. She assisted Baptiste week-long trainings led by both Paige Elenson & Baron Baptiste. She also taught and trained at the only Baptiste affiliate in NYC, Lyons Den Power Yoga.
She is passionate about service and the effort to make yoga accessible for all people. In March 2016, she traveled to Kenya, where she volunteered to assist a Baptiste teacher training to benefit Africa Yoga Project. Africa Yoga Project (AYP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to training yoga teachers in Africa to teach free yoga classes throughout the country. She has raised and personally donated thousands of dollars to AYP, and spent over a year with them, mentoring a yoga teacher from Sierra Leone. It was this experience that sparked her first non-profit, Project HOME Power Yoga, which she founded in 2020.
She teaches a challenging and accessible power flow, focused on increasing strength, flexibility, and possibility. Her mission is to use yoga as a vehicle to serve people & the world.
Katie Tierney (E-RYT 500 hr), LCSW is the co-owner of HOME power yoga Cranford & Summit in New Jersey and co-founder of Project HOME Power Yoga, a 501(c)(3) organization.
Katie earned her BA in Psychology/ BS In Elementary Education from Bucknell University and her Masters in Social Work with a specialization in Mental Health from the University of Michigan. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and certified School Social Worker and Elementary School Teacher.
Katie began practicing yoga consistently in 2009 as a way to nourish her body after the birth of her first daughter and quickly connected with the yoga philosophy and the spiritual and emotional benefits of the practice. She completed her first teacher training in 2014 and has been teaching yoga ever since.
After experiencing the tremendous benefits of yoga during the pregnancies and births of her daughters, Katie completed a Holistic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training and a Holistic Postpartum/ Baby and Me Teacher Training. She currently leads Mindfulness- based Childbirth Preparation courses.
Katie strongly believes in the power of yoga to promote mental well-being and is very interested in the impact of yoga on the field of mental health. Katie completed Intensive Trauma-Informed Yoga training to learn how to best use yoga to build resilience and self-regulation in order to manage and resolve symptoms of trauma. She also completed a Yin Yoga Teacher Training at the Integral Yoga Institute in NYC.
Katie and her husband both grew up in Cranford and now live in town with their three daughters who serve as her best teachers and biggest sources of inspiration for lessons in patience and love. She believes in the power of healing through yoga and is honored to serve and share her teaching with members of the HOME community.
- Early Registration: $3699 (Application due by June 15, and payment due in full on or before June 15) * First five early applicants get a free HPY hoodie
- Regular Tuition: $3999 (Application and full tuition due on or before Oct. 1)
- Payment Plan: $4199 (Application due by Sep. 1, and 4 equal payments of $1049.75 due on Sep. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1, Dec. 1.)
- Unlimited yoga classes at 50% off at HOME power yoga during teacher training months. (If you currently have a yearly or monthly membership, this rate will be placed on hold until after the training).
- 20% off all Home power yoga logo retail during training.
- HOME Teacher Training Manual
- Opportunities for additional training and development as an assistant or teacher at HOME power yoga.
* A deposit of $500 in cash or credit card (additional 3% will be added for credit card processing) is due at the time your application is accepted. At time of acceptance into the program, the deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program. All fees are non-refundable.
Space is limited. Click HERE to download the application. Then email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions. - XO Katie & Liz