Journey Home200 Hour Teacher Training
“Your work in the world is meant to be about expressing the power and spirit that’s within you” - Baron Baptiste
Journey HOME training will empower you to peel away what’s not serving you so you can step up and show up as an effective student, teacher, and leader on your mat and in your life using the Baptiste Methodology™. Even if it’s not your desire to become a yoga teacher, this training will leave you transformed.
The Program at a glance:
The seven weekends will include (and are not limited to):
- How to teach a Baptiste inspired power yoga class based on Baron Baptiste’s “Journey Into Power” Sequence & using the Baptiste Methodology™
- Asana, Meditation, and Inquiry
- Anatomy, alignment, and modifications to make the practice accessible to anybody
- Hands on assisting
- Teaching, coaching, and feedback
- A foundation in the history/philosophy of yoga
- The business of yoga
“Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now” - Goethe
All sessions will be held at HOME power yoga (8 Eastman Street Cranford, NJ)
Liz Snyder and Katie Tierney are the co-owners of HOME power yoga.
Liz Snyder (E-RYT 500 hr) has completed Baron Baptiste's level 1, 2, & 3 week-long trainings, as well as Art of Assisting and Advanced Art of Assisting. She graduated from the Baptiste Fit to Lead year-long training program in April 2018, a training that is designed to teach teachers how to lead Baptiste trainings & is led by Baron Baptiste. She teaches at the only Baptiste affiliate in NYC, Lyons Den Power Yoga. She is committed to training teachers in the Baptiste methodology. She assisted Lyon’s Den 200-hour teacher training as well as many Baptiste training programs, including 2 week-long trainings led by Paige Elenson. In March 2016, she volunteered to assist a 200-hour Baptiste teacher training in Kenya to benefit Africa Yoga Project. Her intention is to use Baptiste Yoga to inspire real transformation in her students’ yoga practice as well as their lives!
Katie Tierney is an E-RYT and Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Katie is certified in Holistic Prenatal Yoga and Postpartum/ Baby and Me Yoga. She is passionate about guiding women through prenatal yoga and childbirth classes as a way to empower them during their pregnancy journey and childbirth. Katie strongly believes in the power of yoga to promote mental well-being and is very interested in the impact of yoga on the field of mental health. She completed a three-day intensive Trauma-Informed Yoga training and a 32 hour Yin Yoga Training. Katie is also a certified elementary school teacher and also enjoys creating yoga programing to introduce yoga to children. Katie strongly believes in the power of yoga to live a more mindful and empowered life.
- Early Registration: $3499 (Application due by Oct. 30th, and payment due in full on or before Nov.11)
- Regular Tuition: $3799 (Application due by Dec. 30, and full tuition must be paid on or before Jan. 7)
- Payment Plan: $3999 (Application due by Dec. 30, and 4 equal payments of $874.75 due on the first of the month between January-April.)
- Unlimited yoga classes at HOME power yoga during Teacher Training months. (If you currently have a yearly or monthly membership, it will be placed on hold until after the teacher training).
- 20% off all Home power yoga retail during training (except drinks).
- HOME Teacher Training Manual
- Opportunities for additional training and development as an assistant or teacher at HOME power yoga.
* A deposit of $500 is due at the time your application is accepted. We ask that all payments be made in check or cash to avoid credit card processing fee. At time of acceptance into the program, the deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program. All fees are non-refundable.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns. - XO Katie & Liz