Journey Home200 Hour Teacher Training
October 2020 - April 2021
Journey HOME training will empower you to peel away what’s not serving you so you can step up and show up as an effective student, teacher, and leader on your mat and in your life. Even if it’s not your desire to become a yoga teacher, this training will leave you transformed.
The Program at a glance:
The seven weekends will include (and are not limited to):
- How to teach a inspired power yoga class based on the “Journey Into Power” Sequence
- Asana, Meditation, and Inquiry
- Anatomy, alignment, and modifications to make the practice accessible to anybody
- Verbal and non-verbal assisting
- Teaching, coaching, and feedback
- A foundation in the history/philosophy of yoga
- The business of yoga
- 1. October 23, 24, 25
- 2. November 13, 14, 15
- 3. December 4, 5, 6
- 4. January 8, 9, 10
- 5. February 5, 6, 7
- 6. March 19, 20, 21
- 7. April 10, 11
- Friday: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
“Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now” - Goethe
Part outdoor/part virtual with a full virtual option.
Liz Snyder and Katie Tierney are the co-owners of HOME power yoga.
Liz Snyder (E-RYT 500 hr) has completed Baron Baptiste's level 1, 2, & 3 week-long trainings, as well as Art of Assisting and Advanced Art of Assisting. She graduated from the Baptiste Fit to Lead year-long training program in April 2018, a training that is designed to teach teachers how to lead Baptiste trainings & is led by Baron Baptiste. She teaches at the only Baptiste affiliate in NYC, Lyons Den Power Yoga. She assisted Lyon’s Den 200-hour teacher training as well as many Baptiste training programs, including 2 week-long trainings led by Paige Elenson. In March 2016, she volunteered to assist a 200-hour Baptiste teacher training in Kenya to benefit Africa Yoga Project. Her intention is to use yoga to inspire real transformation in her students’ yoga practice as well as their lives!
Katie Tierney is an E-RYT and Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a specialization in Mental Health. In addition to her training in vinyasa and power yoga, Katie is a certified Holistic Prenatal Yoga and Postpartum/ Baby and Me Yoga Instructor. She is passionate about guiding women through prenatal yoga and childbirth classes as a way to empower them during their pregnancy journey and into motherhood. Katie strongly believes in the power of yoga to promote mental well-being and is very interested in the impact of yoga on the field of mental health. Katie completed an Intensive Trauma-Informed Yoga training and Yin Yoga Training. As a certified elementary school teacher, Katie also enjoys creating yoga programing to introduce yoga to children.
- Early Registration: $3499 (Application due by Sept 15th, and payment due in full on or before Oct. 1)
- Regular Tuition: $3799 (Application and full tuition due on or before Oct. 15)
- Payment Plan: $3999 (Application due by Oct. 15, and 4 equal payments of $874.75 due on Oct. 1, Dec. 1, Feb. 1, Apr. 1.)
- Unlimited yoga classes at HOME power yoga during Teacher Training months. (If you currently have a yearly or monthly membership, it will be placed on hold until after the teacher training).
- 20% off all Home power yoga retail during training (except drinks).
- HOME Teacher Training Manual
- Opportunities for additional training and development as an assistant or teacher at HOME power yoga.
* A deposit of $500 is due at the time your application is accepted. We ask that all payments be made in check or cash to avoid credit card processing fee. At time of acceptance into the program, the deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program. All fees are non-refundable.
Please email us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns. - XO Katie & Liz