Journey Home200 Hour Teacher Training
October 2022 - February 2023
This program will empower you to step up and show up as an effective student, teacher, and leader on your mat and in your life. Even if it’s not your desire to become a yoga teacher, this training will leave you transformed.
The Program at a glance:
The seven weekends will include (and are not limited to):
- How to teach a inspired power yoga class based on the “Journey Into Power” Sequence
- Anatomy, alignment, and modifications to make the practice accessible to anybody
- Asana, Meditation, and Inquiry
- Verbal and non-verbal assisting
- Teaching, coaching, and feedback
- A foundation in the history/philosophy of yoga
- The art of incorporating music in a yoga class
- The business of yoga *including online yoga
- How to deliver your message and personal experiences in a way that leaves people inspired
- 1. October 21, 22, 23
- 2. November 18, 19, 20
- 3. December 2, 3, 4
- 4. January 6, 7, 8
- 5. January 20, 21, 22
- 6. February 3, 4, 5
- 7. February 10, 11
- Friday: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
“Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now” - Goethe
HOME Power Yoga-Cranford & Summit locations
Liz Snyder and Katie Tierney are the co-owners of HOME power yoga Cranford and Summit. This will be their fourth time leading a 200-hour training at HOME. And, they recently created and led the first ever 300-hour training at HOME.
Liz Snyder (E-RYT 500 hr) has completed Baron Baptiste's level 1, 2, & 3 week-long trainings, as well as Art of Assisting and Advanced Art of Assisting. She graduated from the Baptiste Fit to Lead year-long training program in April 2018, a training that is designed to teach teachers how to lead Baptiste trainings & is led by Baron Baptiste. She teaches at the only Baptiste affiliate in NYC, Lyons Den Power Yoga. She assisted Lyon’s Den 200-hour teacher training as well as many Baptiste training programs, including 2 week-long trainings led by Paige Elenson. In March 2016, she volunteered to assist a 200-hour Baptiste teacher training in Kenya to benefit Africa Yoga Project. Her intention is to use yoga to inspire real transformation in her students’ yoga practice as well as their lives!
Katie Tierney is an E-RYT and Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a specialization in Mental Health. In addition to her training in vinyasa and power yoga, Katie is a certified Holistic Prenatal Yoga and Postpartum/ Baby and Me Yoga Instructor. She is passionate about guiding women through prenatal yoga and childbirth classes as a way to empower them during their pregnancy journey and into motherhood. Katie strongly believes in the power of yoga to promote mental well-being and is very interested in the impact of yoga on the field of mental health. Katie completed an Intensive Trauma-Informed Yoga training and Yin Yoga Training. As a certified elementary school teacher, Katie also enjoys creating yoga programing to introduce yoga to children.
- Early Registration: $3699 (Application due by July 15th, and payment due in full on or before Aug. 1) * First five early applicants get a free HPY hoodie
- Regular Tuition: $3999 (Application and full tuition due on or before Oct. 1)
- Payment Plan: $4199 (Application due by Oct. 1, and 4 equal payments of $1049.75 due on Oct. 1, Nov. 1, Dec. 1, Jan. 1.)
- Unlimited yoga classes at 50% off at HOME power yoga during teacher training months. (If you currently have a yearly or monthly membership, this rate will be placed on hold until after the training).
- 20% off all Home power yoga logo retail during training.
- HOME Teacher Training Manual
- Opportunities for additional training and development as an assistant or teacher at HOME power yoga.
* A deposit of $500 in check or cash is due at the time your application is accepted. At time of acceptance into the program, the deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program. All fees are non-refundable.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. - XO Katie & Liz