Discovering Journey Into Power: How to Intentionally Craft and Lead a Baptiste Yoga Class
Baron Baptiste’s method of power vinyasa yoga has been working for millions of people for many years. His method of power vinyasa yoga is based upon Journey into Power, a sequence of 53 poses that are divided into 11 series. During this half-day intensive program, you will practice and learn the poses and series of Journey into Power (JIP). You will discover that each series is guided by an intention that is designed to work globally and systemically to benefit all the dimensions of the body.
Along with learning the exact poses in order, you will learn modifications to adapt these poses to every body. You will practice teach JIP, which frees you up as a teacher to be present to your students. Lastly, you will learn how and where to skillfully make additions and subtractions from JIP to allow for greater creativity and flow.
Program is facilitated by Certified Baptiste Instructor and FIT to Lead graduate Michelle Bass.
Who is this Program for?
This program is specifically designed for new and experienced teachers who are new to Baptiste Yoga. This program will also work for anyone who is interested in teaching Baptiste Yoga.
What will I gain from this program?
- The exact sequence of poses that make up Journey into Power
- How to lead a yoga class with intention and purpose, including how to pace JIP in a 20 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute, 75 minute, or 90 minute class
- Modifications for the poses in JIP
- You will take turns practice teaching JIP to the group
- How/where to add/subtract poses from JIP
What do I need?
- Yoga Mat
- Mat Towel
- Journal & Pen
- Water & Electrolytes to Hydrate
- Change of Clothes
**This program counts as extra hours for 2019 Teacher Trainees.
Questions? Please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org