Journey to Yin30 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training* Required prerequisite: 200-hour certification or enrolled in a 200-hour training
Nov 17 - 19th 2023
To gain an in-depth understanding of Yin Yoga, its healing benefits, and the knowledge needed to lead a transformational Yin Yoga class.
The Program at a glance:
The program will include (and is not limited to):
- The tie between the physical and emotional benefits of Yin Yoga and Traditional Chinese Medicine Principles
- A featured guest, Jerry Reidy (LAc), who has been practicing Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine since 2000 and is a 30 year practitioner of tai chi and qi gong (see more below).
- The history and philosophy of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga poses including special considerations for individualized anatomy
- The healing benefits of each Yin Yoga pose
- How to design intelligent & balanced Yin Yoga sequences
- How to incorporate Yin Yoga into a Yang/Power Yoga sequence and private lessons
- Anatomy: including the science of stretching, fascia, connective tissue, and joint health
- How to incorporate straps, blocks, blankets, & bolsters in class
- How to create a yin yoga space that promotes optimal healing
- How to deliver a Yin Yoga class with real-time coaching
- Friday. Nov 17 5:30-8:30pm
- Saturday, Nov 18 7:30-4:30pm
- Sunday, Nov 19 7:30-4:30pm
“Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now” - Goethe
HOME Power Yoga - Cranford
Katie Tierney (E-RYT 500 hr), LCSW is the co-owner of HOME power yoga Cranford & Summit in New Jersey and co-founder of Project HOME Power Yoga, a 501(c)(3) organization.
Katie earned her BA in Psychology/ BS In Elementary Education from Bucknell University and her Masters in Social Work with a specialization in Mental Health from the University of Michigan. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and certified School Social Worker and Elementary School Teacher.
Katie will soon be leading her fifth 200-hour teacher training and second 300-hour teacher training at HOME Power Yoga. She also recently led Home Power Yoga's first Power Prenatal/ Postnatal Teacher Training.
Katie strongly believes in the power of yoga to promote mental well-being and is very interested in the impact of yoga on the field of mental health. In 2018, she completed Yin Yoga Teacher Training and Intensive Trauma-Informed Yoga training to learn how to best use yoga for self-regulation and healing the mind and body.
Jerry Reidy is an experienced acupuncturist & herbalist. Jerry is a gifted teacher, healer and speaker.
He has been practicing Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine in NJ since 2000. He taught for many years at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine's NYC campus. He is a 30 year practitioner of tai chi and qi gong. Jerry is a lifelong resident of the area.
- Early Registration: $749 (Register by Oct. 31)
- Regular Tuition: $799
- * A deposit of $250 cash or credit card (additional 3% will be added for credit card processing) is due at the time your application is accepted. At time of acceptance into the program, the deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program. All fees are non-refundable.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. - Katie